Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Day with my Friend

Two days ago was my best friend's birthday. Her name is Miss Linda. We went on a walk down Morris Road, Miller Road, Gharet Road, and Silverbrook Road. We picked flowers, threw rocks in the creek, caught sleet with our tongues and collected rocks from the creek. It was a pretty good day. I enjoyed myself and she did too. She said that it was the best birthday that she has ever had. I believe her. She said she would write about it in her journal. I gave her a plant called Hens and Chicks with a pretty card. I gave her one a long time ago, but when she had eye surgery, she forgot to water it and it died. So she was happy when I gave it to her. She is the best friend that anyone could ever have.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I just read "A Day With My Friend." I felt like I was taking the walk with you again. It was fun to see the day through your eyes. I could feel the ice pellets on my tongue and remembered my best Birthday again. Thank you for being a special part of my Birthday. It's a day I'll never forget...and to be sure I remember I've copied your creative writing to "My Documents" and will keep it forever. I thank God for you Cayla and count it a privilege to be your friend.
I love you,
Miss Linda