Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some of My Favorite Bible Verses

I have started reading the bible every night; I read one book at a time and I read one chapter of the book each night. Example: If I were to read Luke it would take me 24 days since there are 24 chapters in the book of Luke. So anyway, here are some verses from...
Galatians.
1:10
For am I now seeking the approval of man, of of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
4:9
But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?
4:16
Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?
5:14-15
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.
5:17
For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
5:19-23
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,
self-control; against such things there is no law.
6:1
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spitit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you be tempted.
6:7-8
For whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirti reap etermal life.
6:14
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crusified to me, and I to the world.
I hope it helps you as it did me.

2 comments:

CDJ said...

I dig you.
Truly.

Cayla Walker said...

Thanks, but what in the world does "dig" mean?